My name is Matthew Kearney and I am currently a basketball coach in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo. The organization in which I am working for is called Promo Jeune Basket, or PJB (in English this means promotion of youth basketball). The focus of our organization is to use basketball as a tool for education and development within the province of North Kivu in the DRC. For more information on our program you can visit our new website: www.kivubasketball.com.
I developed this blog as a means to show what and how we are teaching the fundamentals within our program. My philosophy on basketball is that it is a game of skill and for a player to excel at the highest levels of the game; they must first master the skills of the game to the smallest of details. I set up this blog to first explore my own skill teaching philosophy and my knowledge of the fundamentals, to provide a written document of the fundamental skills we teach within PJB, and also use the blog as a way to receive advice from fellow coach on how they would teach the development of fundamental basketball skills to their players.
Thank you for your interest in my blog and feel free to comment on whatever you like or dislike, or any suggestions you have. As a coach I know that it is important to share ideas and philosophies so that each of us as individuals as well as the sport of basketball can continue to grow.
Hope you enjoy!
Coach Matthew Kearney
No comments:
Post a Comment